The BCD features articles from our community of expert business and life coaches.

The #1 Thing I Wish I Knew When I Stared My First Online Business

by Michell Sierra

I hope this article finds you well and brimming with ideas! As I was sitting here today, sipping my coffee I started thinking back to when I first dipped my toes into the digital business world in 2014. Oh boy, if I could go back and have a chat with myself, I’d have so much to say!

Back then I had a relatively solid grip on the old-school business stuff but was pretty much a newbie in the whole digital game. My go-to plan? Just wing it and figure things out as I go along! I remember telling myself, “Nah, those general tips and tricks online won’t work for what I’ve got going.” So, I went on this wild goose chase, trying to re-invent the wheel myself.

Big mistake! While I did eventually hit those awesome seven-figure sales marks (woo-hoo!), it took a heck of a lot longer than it needed to.

This is a common stumbling block for many of us, especially when facing the vast, sometimes overwhelming landscape of online entrepreneurship. We often don’t know where to start, let alone what advice directly applies to us. Looking back, I realize that leveraging those available resources and adapting them to my needs could have propelled my business to success much more quickly.

So, what’s the scoop for not falling into the same trap I did?

The key is to strike a balance between embracing your own creativity and learning from the experiences and advice of others. It’s fantastic to have a unique approach, but don’t let it hinder you from benefiting from tried-and-true strategies. Take the time to research and understand what has worked for others in your field. Tailor those insights to fit your vision and goals.

Remember, there’s no shame in seeking guidance or drawing inspiration from successful entrepreneurs who have paved the way before you. Their wisdom can be the wind beneath your wings, propelling you toward your business goals at a swifter pace. So, don’t shy away from combining your ingenuity with the wealth of knowledge available to you. This harmonious blend could be the secret recipe for your entrepreneurial success!

Share this article:
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on facebook
Share on whatsapp
Share on email

Leave a Reply

Get the latest insights from expert coaches

Our coaches share their knowledge all the time, subsribe to get the latest updates delivered to you.

By subscribing, you are agreeing to receive marketing materials, in line with our Privacy Policy.