Coach
Joanne
Thompson

Joanne

Thompson

• United Kingdom
5 years experience
About Joanne

Want to get the best out of your people or yourself? Want to improve your culture and staff engagement through developing great leadership, collaboration and an empowered workforce? Or maybe you want to improve your own leadership skills? Then I can help.

I have 27 years experience leading and transforming people, systems and processes in Financial Services both in banking and insurance. I love seeing people overcome hurdles to create changes in either business or for themselves. That combined with a passion for fairness and equality in both the workplace and society has led me to become a full-time coach, running my own business. I aim to give people and businesses a way forward, help them to dig deep and identify their vision and then support them in creating action plans to deliver their mission.

How do I help you?

I’ve supported people (Junior Managers to Execs) in their careers, creating a vision for the next stage of their lives or business, changing the way they define themselves, and understanding who they truly are. Some of my clients have changed jobs, moved house, designed new business strategies and found new ways to feel joy.  I do this by listening, asking questions (sometimes quite challenging ones) and helping you to see new perspectives through tools and techniques such as visualisation. You might have to do a lot of soul searching but it can also be liberating and fun.

I have successfully used journaling as a method to gain a wider and more positive perspective so I have created the ‘Positively Positive Journal’ to share my experience with people. It is a guided journey through a series of diary entries, self-reflection, goal setting and mini-challenges to tap into those positive thoughts that we pay little attention to at times. The aim is for you to become more automatically positive in order to see more options and make choices that truly take you forward. This journal helps me to make coaching more accessible and helpful to people who are not ready to discuss yet but still want to grow and change. (See my website in the Resources&Shop section for more details).

I run group coaching for leaders to improve their active listening capabilities which in turn allows for improved management of teams. I also develop programmes for individuals and businesses to raise their own self awareness in order to make more focused and informed decisions and choices.

This year I have been Awarded a York Cares Charity award for work I did for students to help build their confidence.

Also, I have previously run an award-winning women’s network for learning and development. This supported people in the workplace and mentored Year 9,10 and 11 girls in schools. I continue to support my community in offering coaching and training in conjunction with a local charity.

I am a facilitator – I currently facilitate group sessions for the Google #IamRemarkable campaign raising awareness and confidence in people to self-promote and get ahead.

So if you think I can help you and would like to chat and know more – get in touch. I look forward to hearing from you.

Joanne

Qualifications & Accreditations

The team at Business Coach Directory manually verifies all qualifications and credentials so you have peace of mind when selecting a coach.

ICF Associate Certified Coach

Diploma in Transformational Coaching

Areas of Expertise
Career Coaching
Executive Coaching
Leadership Coaching
Interview Coaching
Management Coaching
Performance Coaching
Small Business Coach
Team Coaching

Great news, Joanne offers Virtual/Online coaching

Languages
Joanne coaches in:
English
Share Joanne's profile:
Share on linkedin
Share on twitter
Share on facebook
Share on whatsapp
Share on email
Joanne's Articles
Meetings are a wonderful opportunity to engage with work colleagues, get creative and be collaborative on issues that...
How living Positively Positive can  combat Lockdown blues Being positive has huge benefits to our well-being and mental...

Send Joanne a message

If you think Joanne might be a good match for your coaching needs, you can fill in this form to send them a message directly.
Send message